The Orliderm™ Method for Treating Eczema
I am Dr. Dale Pearlman, a Stanford University trained doctor, specialist in dermatology and founder of Orliderm Inc. Our office is in Menlo Park, California.
This website summarizes the method I use to treat eczema. I hope you find it helpful.
What is the Orliderm method?
The Orliderm method has 3 components:
- Bathing the right way to preserve the skins natural oils
- Choosing the right clothing so that the child does not become overheated.
- Orliderm ointment if ordinary moisturizers are not successful
What is Orliderm ointment?
Orliderm ointment contains the combination of 1% hydrocortisone ointment and Purell hand sanitizer gel. Parents in my practice mix ointment at home from over-the-counter ingredients. The purpose of this website is to teach these parents how to make and use Orliderm ointment for treating their child’s eczema.
You can find the necessary supplies listed on the materials page. If you use the links to order from Amazon, we get a small commission that helps support this website, but the amount you pay remains the same.
Mixing and applying the ointment
Check out our ointment/mixing page for a clear description of how we make the ointment. The applying page will show you how to apply the ointment. Please watch the videos, which will help you mix and apply the ointment in the right way.
If you are ready to get started, then click the button below.
If you would like more information about eczema and Orliderm method, please continue reading after the get-started button.
ECZEMA AND ORLIDERM OINTMENT
The goal of Orliderm Ointment is to address several key problems which contribute to the child’s eczema.
- The skin is very dry and tends to form tiny cracks when the dry skin breaks.
- Too many bacteria live in this damaged skin.
- The body’s immune system directs an inflammatory response to these bacteria. Thus we have problems of dryness, bacteria, and irritation.
In order to treat all of these issues the same time, we need an ointment which can address all three problems.
- We choose an ointment, which is heavier than cream, and is very moisturizing and soothing to the dry and cracked skin.
- We include alcohol gel, an antibacterial agent, to suppress the bacterial overpopulation.
- We include a very weak cortisone to reduce the local irritation from the immune reaction.
For an extensive scientific review of the Orliderm method and its rationale, click here.